windy-castle said: have you ever seen “yelp reviews read by real actors” on youtube
i had not!
but i just watched ten of them right now and holy shit this series is golden thank you
also i swear yelp is overrun by the most thin-skinned whiny pissbabies in the world
i want to find out if the food at this place was tasty, i don’t want to hear you bitch about how it took you five whole minutes to get seated omg the travesty or how there was a distinct lack of white tablecloths and caviar at the five-dollar burrito joint jeez
this should go in a dw entry but it’s too bland for a dw entry
- done moving
- oh jesus everything hurts
- i now live in a room with windows again
- …except i kind of liked my windowless bedroom
- like i got woken up by the SUN today wtf??? sun u don’t own me u don’t control my life
- internet here was spotty at first so i panicked but i pulled some IT wizardry* and fixed it
- (*it wasn’t really wizardry)
- my day was pretty much “sleep, move shit to new room, sleep, dentist, sleep, groceries, sleep”
- that’s right i bought some motherfucking groceries
- because i am no longer within a five minute walk of twelve different late-night food joints and it’s a damn shame
- seriously this is kind of suburbia it’s just houses and houses and houses and then a T stop
- supposedly there’s a strip mall that’s a fifteen minute walk away that isn’t bad, we’ll see
- only here for a month so i don’t care that much
- the other tenants in the house seem nice enough, lots of visiting scholar sorts
- but there’s only one bathroom so oh god i hope no one stops it up
- speaking of which i look like shit right now but was like “psh i’m just going to grab some groceries and it’s like 11pm i won’t run into anyone” LOL i ran into like three people
- in hindsight i guess i really should’ve known that hackers do their shopping late at night
- also it’s bizarre how much the vibe in harvard square changes once the students come back. also did i look that derp when i was a freshman
- moving makes me seriously consider bequeathing all my possessions to become a monk or something because seriously why do i own so much shit ugh
- if anyone knows a not-awkward way to ask a guy-friend who you want to get to know better WHILE REMAINING JUST FRIENDS out to a bar because they understand that bar and you don’t and it intimidates you, let me know
- (“wtf how can a bar be intimidating” man that’s what i thought but then i met all these yuppie friends who go to yuppie hipster speakeasy bars with strange social conventions and i’m always afraid i’m going to do it wrong jeez)
- oh one pro of my new location: it’s quite near a park that the local bird club is doing morning bird walks through starting this week! gonna try and go wednesday if i can manage to wake up that early
- hahaha i slept all day which means now i’m going to be awake all night
- hi everyone how are you.
i’m pretty sure i’m doing this whole “learning about beer” thing wrong
my beer-savvy friends keep giving me fancy craft microbrew whatever beers for me to try
and i almost always appreciate/enjoy them while i’m drinking them
and yet, at the end of a long hard day, when i need beer
i always just roll into the bar and am like “so what shitty generic american beers can you serve me in a can because damn i could use a bud right now”
i’m done moving and oh god everything hurts
can’t wait to repeat this again at the end of september sigh
fuck my landlord (moving weekend remix pt 2)
i’m like two more “bequeathing half my possessions” trips away from being done with him forever and oh god i am too sweaty to move
So if Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn turn up at PAX, and Quinn is covered in bruises, and they announce some new bullshit term to replace “gamer”, then it’s officially fake.
Should be interesting.
…bahahahaha holy shit is this a thing that actual human beings are taking seriously?
"onoes some ANONYMOUS POSTER says QUINN’S A GIANT FAKER and also out to LITERALLY DESTROY GAMERS sounds TOTALLY LEGIT LET’S PANIC"
this is the dumbest shit i’ve seen in i-don’t-know-how-long and let me tell you i have watched some pretty fantastically trashy reality tv so